Thursday, February 18, 2010

Here's to Grandmas!


Meet my BEAUTIFUL Grandma! About 20 years ago she had a brain tumor leaving her very disabled, she is paralyzed on her right side and unable to speak normally. Her speaking condition is called aphasia. She can repeat sentences but cannot form her own. She learned to walk again, and although her right arm/hand are still unusable she has managed to build a quality of life that was so unexpected.

I think about my grandma all the time. She is still alive and kicking and its times like this picture where we're all making our "thiz" face that can help but laugh out loud at. She is an inspiration, she teaches me always that you don't need a voice to give love to everyone. Her sweet spirit radiates constantly. Words can't express how much I love my grandma!

~ In case anyone is wondering where these beautiful ladies got their hair did.... right hurr.